I slightly modified a recipe from the Food52 Baking cookbook and made muffins instead of a banana bread loaf. It's my all time favorite banana bread recipe. Hope you enjoy!
4 VERY ripe bananas
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of coconut sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup whole milk vanilla yogurt
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan or spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to mash the bananas.
3. Add butter, egg, vanilla and sugar to the mashed bananas and mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients- flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Fold into banana mixture.
5. Fold in yogurt & (if using) chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake for 18-25 minutes. Tops will spring back when you press on them and a toothpick inserted will come out with a few crumbs.
7. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before turning out muffins on a cooling rack.